The 2017 Bettendorf Rotary Grant Application Cycle will open in August 2017.
Apply for a Rotary Grant
The Rotary Club of Bettendorf works with the Bettendorf Rotary Charitable Giving Fund (the Fund) to generate funds for philanthropy. The Fund is located at the Community Foundation of the Great River Bend. The Fund is administered by a separate board of directors that oversees the disbursement of these funds. The Fund will receive grant applications annually to support local organizations that provide basic human services, serve youth, and meet local community needs. Whenever possible, funds will be maximized through matching funds from other sources.
There will be one grant cycle in 2017 with a grant deadline of October 1, 2017. The maximum award will be $2,500 per organization. Applications must be submitted online or mailed and postmarked by the deadline date. Organizations can only receive one grant per fiscal year. A "Final Report" for all previous grants must be on file prior to submitting a new grant application.
The fund generally makes grants only to non-profit organizations. Grants are NOT awarded in the following areas:
- Annual fundraising
- Organizational endowment funds
- Deficit financing
- Grants to individuals
- Scholarship funds
- Political groups or political activities
- Rotarians and their families
- Sectarian purposes
The Fund does not award multi-year grants. When a grant check is cashed, the organization is obligated to use it for the purpose given in the application. Grant recipients are required to file a written report describing the use of the funds after the project/program is completed or nine months after the grant has been received.
Each Application must include the following three components:
- Cover Sheet
- Application - Please include the following information in your proposal and compile your application in the order set forth below. the narrative should not exceed 2-single-sided pages (not including the budget) using the following outline:
- State problem addressed by the program or project and describe the need for the service.
- Describe the goals and objectives of the program or project.
- Describe the nature of the service to be offered and the activities which will be conducted to carry out the program or project.
- Provide estimates of the number of people to be served.
- Describe how you will evaluate the success of the program or project
- Explain how the Bettendorf Rotary funding will be acknowledged in the program or project.
- Budget - for project or program (not total budget of organization)
In evaluating applications, the Fund gives consideration to the following factors:
- Does the project serve Scott or Rock Island County?
- Does the program or project address a priority community need?
- Will the project have a significant impact on the need, what outcome will be achieved and how will it be measured? Will the Rotary funds have a measurable impact on the project or organization?
- Does the program duplicate any other community service?
- Does the project have a sound financial plan?
- After this project is completed, how will funding continue? If not funded, what is the effect?
- Does the project have a base of community support such as volunteer involvement, neighborhood participation or collaboration with other organizations?
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Tanglewood Hills Pavilion
Gavel Passing Ceremony>> more