Bettendorf Rotary Lobsterfest
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Tanglewood Hills Pavilion - Bettendorf, IA
5:30 - 10:00 PM
The 11th Annual Bettendorf Rotary Lobsterfest Presented by Abbey Carpet Gallery and Triumph Community Bank took place on Saturday, June 10th, 2017 raising over $70,000 for scholarships, grant funds and regional and international community service efforts.
Proceeds from the 2017 Lobsterfest funded grants totaling $25,000 - to 15 not-for-profit organizations serving the Quad Cities. Grant recipients included:
- 41st Iowa Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol - Youth cyber-security and public affairs project ($500)
- Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley – New Vans for Transportation of At-Risk Youth ($2,000)
- Center for Active Seniors, Inc. – Reception Improvement
- Child Abuse Council – Shaken Baby Simulator Doll
for Basic Training for New Dads Classes ($1,100)
- Christian Care – Caring for Our Community Project ($1,200)
- Dress for Success Quad Cities – Professional Attire and Shoes for
Low-Income Women ($2,000)
- From Cover to Cover – Snuggle Up and Read Campaign ($2,000)
- Great Bettendorf Community Foundation – The Agape Center ($2,000)
- Habitat for Humanity Quad Cities – Technology Upgrades for Classroom
- Hope at the BRICK House – Expansion of HBH After School Program Space ($1,500)
- Junior Achievement of the Heartland – JA BizTown: Developing Our Future
Workforce ( $1,500)
- River Music Experience – Laptops
for Outreach ($1,500)
- St. Florian Fire and Burn Foundation – Family Burn Group ($2,000)
- Supplemental Emergency Assistance Program– Emergency Assistance to
clients of member agencies ($2,500)
- The Sparkle Effect - Providing training to 3 local Sparkle Effect Teams
"Lobster" Chef 2018:
Chef James Preszler took the helm as "lobster" chef in 2017 and has been tasked again with cooking a delicious Maine lobster dinner for over 400 people.
To learn more about Bettendorf Rotary and Lobsterfest and the variety of organizations it has supported over the years, check out a video
produced by Mickle Communications.
Would you like to partner with Bettendorf Rotary to help local organizations in need? Linking arms with us for our annual Lobsterfest is a great way to give back to the community and help organizations in need of funding.
Click here to learn about how you can sponsor this event
Individual tickets are $75/each or purchase a table for $520. Click here
to purchase tickets for the event.
These are the businesses that make all of the grants possible!
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Tanglewood Hills Pavilion