Bettendorf Rotary Lobsterfest
Saturday, June 8, 2019
Tanglewood Hills Pavilion - Bettendorf, IA
5:30 - 10:00 PM
The 12th Annual Bettendorf Rotary Lobsterfest Presented by Abbey Carpet Gallery and TBK Bank took place on Saturday, June 9th, 2018 raising over $70,000 for scholarships, grant funds and regional and international community service efforts.
Proceeds from the 2018 Lobsterfest funded grants totaling $25,000 - to 13 not-for-profit organizations serving the Quad Cities. Grant recipients included:
- Family Museum of Arts and Science Foundation - Run! Jump! Fly! Adventures in Action ($2,500)
- Hand-In-Hand - Upgrade Facilities and Equipment ($1,750)
- American Red Cross - Home Fire Campaign ($2,000)
- Bettendorf Public Library Foundation - Local Artists at the Bettendorf Public Library ($1,000)
- Family Resources, Inc. - Helping At-Risk Youth Become Successful Adults ($2,000)
- Fresh Films - I Am Not Disabled, A Teen-Created Documentary About Teen Mental Health And Disabilities ($2,500)F
- Friendly House - K-5 Steam ($2,000)
- Handicapped Development Center - Increasing Security ($1,500)
- Heart of Hope - Heart of Hope Food Pantry ($750)
- Humility Homes and Services, Inc. - Resource Funds for Emergency Shelter ($2,000)
- Mississippi Valley Blues Society - Blues in the Schools: Augmenting History and Music in Bettendorf Schools with Blues Performances and Workshops ($2,000)
- Our Lady of the River Church - Night to Shine Prom ($2,500)
- Vera French Foundation - Deductible Assistance for School Based Services ($2,500)
"Lobster" Chef 2019:
Chef James Preszler took the helm as "lobster" chef in 2017 and has been tasked again with cooking a delicious Maine lobster dinner for over 400 people.
To learn more about Bettendorf Rotary and Lobsterfest and the variety of organizations it has supported over the years, check out a video produced by Mickle Communications.
Registration and Tickets
2019 Sponsors (As of March 13, 2019)
These are the businesses that make all of the grants possible!
Wednesday, March 20th, 2019
Tanglewood Hills Pavilion
Katie Powers, Genesis Pediatric Therapy >> more