Live lobsters will be shipped to the Quad Cities from New England. When they arrive at Quad-City International Airport, they will be rushed to Rivermont Collegiate in Bettendorf and prepared for the LobsterFest. That evening, some 300 Quad-Citians will sit down to a New England-style dinner of lobster, corn on the cob and lots more. A ‘Down East’ ambience will be created on the Rivermont Collegiate campus. During a silent auction, guests may bid on what is expected to be an amazing array of gifts, events and travel opportunities – with proceeds to benefit the Rotary Charities Fund to help with Rotary Club charitable projects. Last year, the 6th annual LobsterFest event garnered nearly $66,000 through generous sponsorships and auction donations! In 2012 we have $20,000 to award to non-profit organizations through our grants program and $6,000 in scholarships to award in March 2013 to Bettendorf, Pleasant Valley, Scott Community College, and Rivermont Collegiate students. The Rotary Club of Bettendorf works with the Bettendorf Rotary Charities Fund to generate funds for local philanthropy. Some of the past organizations and community groups that have received funds from the Bettendorf Rotary Charities Fund have been:
• Scholarship programs
• Family Resources, Inc.
• Handicapped Development Center
• Honor Flight of the Quad Cities
• Humility of Mary Housing, Inc.
• Rick’s House of Hope
• River Music Experience
• Scott County Family Y
• Street Team: Homeless Outreach at The Center
• Thomas Merton House, Inc. (dba) Cafe on Vine
• Alternatives for the Older Adult
• American Red Cross of the Quad Cities Area
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Mississippi Valley
• Boys and Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley
• Camp Courageous of Iowa
• Child Abuse Council
• Children’s Therapy Center of the Quad
Bettendorf Rotary will NOT meet on Wednesday, November 25th, 2015.
Rotary will resume on
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Noon at Tanglewood Hills Pavilion